Monday, August 20, 2012

Floriole Cafe and Bakery - Chicago

I've been in Chicago exploring the city and sampling the food. I fell in love with Carson's Ribs and Mario's Italian Lemonade, but also found some must visit chocolate locations.  If you love Tartine, then you must stop at Floriole Cafe and Bakery when in Chicago.  It is a relaxed cafe in the Lincoln Park neighborhood and a great place for breakfast or lunch.  One of the owners, Sandra Holl, trained in San Francisco and worked at Tartine.  Not only do they have pastries on par with Tartine, but a menu of sandwiches and salads of local, quality ingredients.  I tried the B.A.D. sandwich, which was G.O.O.D., a wonderful combination of bacon, arugrula, almond date spread and goat cheese on grilled yeasted cornbread.  There are many chocolate delights on the menu.  I took a chocolate croissant and several sea salt caramels to go, the right combination to help fuel my day of exploring Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment