Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chocolate Book

Chocolate - A Bittersweet Saga of Dark and Light by Mort Rosenblum is a great book I have been reading.  I'm only a few chapters in, but it is full of interesting insights to the bittersweet world.  I just finished a whole chapter on the history of mole.  There is a chapter on Claudio and Valrhona coming up.

Chocolate fun fact from book:  Cacoa contains phenylethylamine, a molecule produced in the hypothalamus that triggers the same giddy warm glow one feels when a lover enters the rooms.  Therefore - sans lover, try chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely! They say many women prefer chocolate to sex. It definitely does something to our hormones.

    Thanks for the follow on Twitter. I hope you'll visit my chocolate travel blog at http://diversionswithdoreen.com/. We're having an amazing journey of chocolate discovery around the world.

    ReplyDelete