Monday, July 9, 2012

La Boulange Bakery - Starbucks

A favorite frequent stop during a walk through my Cole Valley neighborhood, is La Boulange Bakery.  I dream of their perfect chocolate kouign amann pastry to fuel me for my walk home through the Haight.  When visiting, my Mom needs a La Boulange almond croissant to start her day. Starbucks recently acquired it for $100 million.  Someone is walking away rich.  Will the perfect texture of my kouign amann walk away too? 
"Hopefully, we won't get too corporate," one employee said as she wrinkled her nose when I recently stopped in for my favorite pastry and a hot chocolate. Hopefully so. Time will tell. I contemplated the mega corporate possibilities as I sipped my hot chocolate, that and the French paradox.  How do they do it?  How can I eat like this daily and not gain weight?  The chocolate croissant called to me to take it home for a late night snack.  I bought this apple tart for my husband instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment