Monday, July 23, 2012

Fog City News Mind Blowing Chocolate


A magazine store know for its chocolate?  I first discovered Fog City News because of its large assortment of international and hard to find magazines.  While walking toward the 20 versions of Vogue at the back of the store, I abruptly halted to gaze upon a chocolate wonderland.  Premium bars from all over the world and many local favorites lined the shelves.  During my latest stop, I tried the ChocolatModerne Lime Butter Toffee bar and the Xocolatl de David Brown Butter bar.  The ChocolatModerne bar is made with 65% cacao Valrhona chocolate and butter toffee infused with lime, a new flavor combination for me. As I bit into the bar, I found chewy toffee bits buried in the smooth chocolate.  I smelled the lime immediately and breathed it in as I savored the chocolate.  The lime flavor lingered after the last bite.  The unique blend is now one of my favorites. The Xocolatl de David bar is made with 72% Cacao Ecuador, butter and fleur de sel.  I loved the pure dark chocolate flavor with a hint of butter and salt.  I've always loved sweet with a hint of fleur de sel.  Xocolatl also makes bacon caramel and olive oil chocolate bars, both sound very intriguing.  I plan to continue to explore the two brands while I flip through my Italian Vogue. Fashion and chocolate - the perfect combination.


No comments:

Post a Comment